COSWAY (M) SDN BHD (“COSWAY”) is committed in protecting your privacy and complying with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“PDPA”). This Notice will help you understand how your personal data is collected, used and disclosed by COSWAY.
Terms and Conditions of Use
You shall disclose accurate, true, current details/information of yourself when filling any questionnaire, participating in any promotion and other information if so required in this website.
Type of personal data
The types of personal data COSWAY may collect from you from time to time include but are not limited, to the following:
- Addresses (including email addresses);
- Telephone, mobile, and any other contact numbers;
- MyKAD Card (NRIC) Number / Passport Numbers;
- Marital status;
- Date of birth;
- Name of your spouse/ contact details ;
- Emergency contact details;
- Payment data such as bank account details, credit/debit cards details and any information or data required to verify and/or process payment transactions;
- Your photographs and videos containing your image;
- Your testimonials and feedback regarding the COSWAY products
Purposes of Collecting Personal Data
All the personal data collected/may be collected by COSWAY from you will be used, disclosed and/or shared for, amongst others, the following purposes or any of them:
- to provide members with support and communicating with Store Operators regarding (i) Products and promotional offers, (ii) Bonuses, and (iii) other relevant product or business related matters;
- marketing, for instance by using testimonials given by members in COSWAY’s events, website, marketing materials and other marketing tools;
- evaluative purposes, for instance, for assessing if refunds or exchanges should be made or if a member has violated the COSWAY’s Policies and Procedures ;
- compliance with any law or regulation or directive from any applicable government bodies or authorities;
- investigating and/or reporting of any criminal offences, where required by law;
- disclosure to lawyers, auditors, financial advisors, and other professionals in connection with their services to COSWAY;
- disclosure to related companies within the COSWAY’s parent company or group of companies including directors, employees, agents and representatives thereof, for operational, management, administrative, supervisory or evaluative purposes;
- disclosure to a third party vendor or service provider if necessary to provide members with the Products that they have requested; and
- disclosure to any contractor or third party including courier and/or delivery companies who provide services to COSWAY.
Our Website may use a feature known as cookies which is a small data file stored in your computer by the Web Browser. Cookies will help us view how you navigate our Website and identify you when you re-access it. Over and above, cookies primarily help us to improve our website, enhance our customer relations, personalise offers to you based on your needs and preferences.
Cookies cannot be used to retrieve data from other cookies which was created by Websites other than ours. Most importantly, cookies will not be able to read data stored in your computer hard drive.
The Cosway website may contain links to other websites operated by third party vendors. With the provision of such links on our website and by your utilising those links, COSWAY does not endorse nor accepts the responsibility of the contents and information that can be reached through the associated websites. COSWAY also does not accept responsibility for any loss or damages suffered by you for accessing websites through the associated links.
By accessing the Cosway website without any guidance, you warrant that you are eighteen (18) years old and above. If you are below eighteen (18) years old but above thirteen (13) years old you may access this website under the guidance and supervision of your parents or legal guardian. Cosway will not be held responsible nor liable for any non-compliance.
COSWAY is the proprietor of all trademark, trade names, brand names, logos, symbols, (including the name COSWAY), domain names and any other form of intellectual property notwithstanding opinions, comments, articles, photos, graphic, text, software, images, copyrights and illustrations used in the Cosway website.
However, some of them may also be owned by Third Parties but may have been licensed to be used by Cosway based on a mutual agreement for a specific purpose. Therefore, you are not allowed to copy, modify, redistribute or reproduce or publish elsewhere by you unless expressly permitted in writing by COSWAY. However, you may download permissible information for personal use. By downloading, it doesn’t mean that you acquire the ownership or the copyright of the material.
Disclaimer of Warranties, Exclusion of Liability
You understand and agree that all information and materials any typographical found in the website may contain inaccuracies because the information and materials are provided on a “as is” and “as available” basis. COSWAY makes no guarantee, representation or warrants and expressly disclaims any responsibility and liability for any inaccuracies, errors, omissions, and typographical in the information and materials in the website. Information and materials in the website may be edited and/or amended from time to time with or without prior notice as it is the sole discretion absolute right of COSWAY.
You also agree that COSWAY, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, licensors, assignees, employees, officers and directors (Collectively referred to as the “Parties”) are not liable for damages of any kind either in Tort or Contract either directly or indirectly, incidental, consequential or punitive damages arising or resulting from accessing the COSWAY website. The Parties will not be liable to you under any event, circumstances, reasons or any cause of actions.
COSWAY also makes no guarantee, representation or warranty as to any damages to your computer from viruses, bugs, intervention, error, omission, interruption, technical failure, malfunction or any other as a result of accessing the website because the internet may be subject to security breaches.
Therefore, by accessing the COSWSAY website, you acknowledge that you may be waiving rights with respect to such claims mentioned above.
No Unlawful or Prohibited Use
By continuingly accessing/using the Cosway website, you agree that you will abide by all applicable law, statues, ordinance and other regulations. Therefore, you agree to the following:
(1) Not to upload email, use any other means of communication that is unlawful to transmit any literature/material that is misleading, threatening, abusive, defamatory, obscene, hateful, ethnically, racially or otherwise objectionable;
(2) Not to collect, store, transmit, share, sell, transact personal details/information of the users of the Cosway website;
(3) Not to transmit, transfer or upload any confidential, sensitive, personal and/or proprietary;
(4) Disrupt/interfere and/or affect the accessibility of the service or networks connected to the service, or disregard/disobey any requirements, instructions, policies, procedures and/or regulations of the network connected to the service;
(5) Not to email, upload or transmit any material that contains viruses, bugs, malware, spyware, or any file, program or other computer code;
(6) Not to upload information and/or materials from a third party website, or details such as email addresses, contact information, and/or contact details of other into Cosway website; and
(7) Not to upload any unsolicited and unauthorised information/content like junk, spam, pyramid scheme including any unauthorised advertising and/or promotional materials.
Disclosure of Personal Data
All personal data collected by COSWAY or provided by you or on your behalf will be held and kept by COSWAY (Head Office).
Safety of personal data and documents
COSWAY will take every reasonable step to ensure that the personal data it collects uses or discloses is accurate, complete and up to date. COSWAY will protect the personal data it holds from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Data Protection Officer
COSWAY has designated the person whose details are set out below as the person (“Designated Person”) who will be responsible for ensuring COSWAY’s compliance with applicable data protection laws. If you have any queries or requests to make any applications concerning your personal data, please email or contact our Office:
LEGAL & CORPORATE AFFAIRS
COSWAY (M) SDN BHD
MENARA COSWAY, PLAZA BERJAYA,
12 JALAN IMBI, 55100 KUALA LUMPUR
CUSTOMER CARE HOTLINE: 603-2113 0813
CUSTOMER CARE EMAIL : CustomerCare@cosway.com.my
Applicable Law and Jurisdiction
All relevant matters related to the terms herein including its interpretation shall be governed by the Laws of Malaysia as we operate this website from Malaysia. If this website is accessed in other jurisdictions, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility not to violate the laws of the jurisdiction. In the event of any dispute, you shall submit to the jurisdiction of the Malaysian courts.